Looking Ahead to the 2023 Ultra-Aqua (2-Day Event, June 10 & 11, 2023)
The Ultra-Aqua All-Species Tropical Fish Show (60 Classes), will be on the weekend of June 10-11, 2023, at the Tallmadge Community Center, 80 Community Road, Tallmadge, Ohio 44278. Swap Meet and Dinner program with Rick Borstein will be on Saturday, June 10. Unless specified, all Ultra-Aqua events are free and open to the public. Auction (Plants and Fish Only) on Sunday, June 11. Details of the Ultra-Aqua are listed below.
Saturday, June 10
- Show Registration Starts at 10 am on Saturday. Registration closes at 5:00 pm. Entrance fees are $1.50 per entry for the first 20 animals you enter, each animal after 20 is free. Blank registration forms will be provided at the registration area in the Tallmadge Community Center. Blank entry forms also can be downloaded from the GAAS website, printed, and filled out prior to arriving to the show. Entries are judged Sunday morning. Click here for the show rules.
- The Swap Meet will be open from 12:00 pm until 5:00 pm on Saturday, with vendors selling their animals and hobby-related supplies. Setup for vendors begins at 11:00 am.
- Dinner hosted by GAAS begins at 7:00 pm. All Ultra-Aqua show entrants are invited to attend dinner for free. Walk-ins are welcome to purchase dinner for $5.
- Our after-dinner speaker will be Rick Borstein, and he will be presenting a cichlid talk, “Road to Master Breeder.”
Swap Meet Vendors
- Larry Secaur
- Kosheen Aquaculture (Joel Spencer)
- Tommy Frasz
- Joe Doyle
- Herb Kinney Click Here for List
- Awesome Aquatics (Rob Williams) Click here for List
- Adam Fox Click here for List
- Beautiful Aquatics (Brian Shrimpton)
- Nerd with Fish (Claire Tran) Click here for List
- See Eric Bodrock’s species list to pre-order & pre-pay for delivery to the Ultra-Aqua
Sunday, June 11
- The Ultra-Aqua Auction registration begins at 10 am and the auction starts at 11 am. This is an animal, plant, and live foods only auction—no hard goods or aquarium supplies will be auctioned.
- All other typical auction features such as rare fish raffle, 50/50 raffles, vendors, and food and drinks will be available.
- The Ultra-Aqua Award Ceremony Presentation begins at 5:00 pm.
Sunday’s Rare Fish Raffle
- Aphyiosemion rectogoense PEG 95-16
- Fundulopanchax gardneri Akure
- Fundulopanchax scheeli
- Epiplatys roloffi
- Aphyiosemion sp. Massemb-Loubaki RC 2016/23
- Limia yaguajali Rio Cana, Dominican Republic
- Ember Tetras Hyphessobrycon amandae
- Zoogoneticus tequila (Red crescent goodeid) Rio Teuchitian, Mexico. Collected by Dr ML Smith, C Rodriquez, L Butler and D Lambert – 02/26/90. ESU Zoote1, J Langhammer to J Craig (1992) to C Bitterline (2022) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lamprologus ornatipinnis
- Corydoras imitator
- Aulonocara aquilonium (from Rick Borstein)
- Aloophorus robustus “Lago de Zacapu” (from Rick Borstein)
- Rick Borstein plans to bring another 6+ cichlid species
Click on the image below to open a PDF of the show classes
GASS Spring Auction Was on Sunday, April 16
Thanks to all the participants (sellers, buyers, volunteers, and auctioneers) who made the 2023 Spring Auction a huge success!
April Meeting Highlights
Adam Fox-HAP Grand Master
Giant Snail- Bowl Show