The 2022 All-Species Show, Swap Meet, & Auction Event Was June 11-12, 2022
Hats Off to 2022 Swap Meet Vendors
We thank the following vendors for participating in the 2022 Ultra-Aqua Swap Meet on Saturday, June 11:
- Josh Cunningham—Cunningham Cichlids Visit on Facebook
Contact Josh at 734-954-9131 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brian Shrimpton—Beautiful Aquatics
View Brian’s contact information and stock list from his Facebook page (linked above)
- Joe Doyle—Caveman Creations
Ceramic Pleco caves & shrimp hotels (Contact Joe: email@example.com)
- Rob Williams—Awesome Aquatics
Many tanks and hobby hardgoods firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit on Facebook
- Adam Fox—Plants you need: Frogbit, Salvinia, Water Sprite, Dwarf Sag, Java Fern, Hygrophila, and Swords
- Rob and Amy Zerkle—Livestock and cool stuff you need email@example.com
- Larry & Kriss Secaur—Fatfish Aquatics: Whiteworms, microworms, rare or not often seen fish, plus stuff you need call 330-835-8411
- Rich Serva—Poret® Sponge and new and lightly used filters (330) 687-5495 E-mail
- Jenn’s Lil Lotls (on Facebook): Axolotls and various cichlids. 330-571-4851 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chad Peterman: Fishbite Aquatics: African Cichlids 330-447-7246 email@example.com
- Krishna Karri: Rare wild bettas, domesticated Plakats bettas 614-392-7434
- Paul Nerlich: Pwilly’s Fish Emporium Shrimp! Plecos, fancy guppies 216-906-0983
About the Ultra-Aqua: Swap Meet, Show, and Auction
The Akron Ultra-Aqua is a TWO DAY EVENT that occurs during the second weekend in June. Held at the Tallmadge Community Center, 80 Community Road, Tallmadge, Ohio 44278. The Ultra-Aqua encompasses a whopping 60 Classes of an All-Species Show competition! Everyone is welcome to come and compete for awards and prizes—or to just see some amazing fish and other aquatic entries! The Sunday auction is a fish and plant only auction. The Swap Meet is on Saturday, noon to 5 pm.
All Cash Prizes
Cash prizes will be awarded $10.00 for first, $7.00 for second, and $3.00 for third place in each class. The cost to register each show entry item is $1.50. Registration is Saturday June 11, from 10 am to 5 pm. Entry forms and fees are to be brought to the registration desk upon entry to the Tallmadge Community Center. All forms or changes must be received by 5 p.m. The Show Area closes at 7 p.m. See the Show Rules for more details.
Show Registration Starts at 10 AM on Saturday. Bring your fish and set them up. Water and air supply are provided. Please bring your own show tank or bowl, tank covering, air stone, and air valve to control air flow to your show tank. Registration closes at 5:00 pm. Entrance fees are $1.50 per for the first 20 animals you enter, each animal after 20 is free. Entries are judged Sunday morning.
The Table Swap Meet will be open from 12:00 pm until 5:00 pm on Saturday, with various Independent Vendor tables selling their animals and hobby-related supplies.
Dinner hosted by GAAS, along with a Speaker and Presentation, begins at 7:00 pm. All Ultra-Aqua show entrants are invited to attend for free. (Walk-ins are welcome and can join us and purchase dinner for $5)
The Ultra-Aqua Auction registration begins at 10 am and the Auction starts at 11 am. This is an animal, plant, and live foods only auction—no hard goods or aquarium supplies will be auctioned.
All other typical Auction features Such as Rare Fish Raffle, 50/50 Raffles, Vendors, and Food & Drinks will be available.
The Ultra-Aqua Award Ceremony Presentation begins at 5:00 pm.
It’s an amazing weekend for an aquarium hobbyist! Whatever your interest, if you’ve come to compete, view, shop, sell, try your luck on the raffles, enjoy our dinner and presentation, or even simply to socialize with other aquarists, there truly is something for everyone to enjoy!
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT:
Bud White (330) 848-3866 E-mail
Wayne Toven (330) 256-7836 E-mail
Rich Serva (330) 687-5495 E-mail