PLEASE NOTICE: PAYMENTS TO SETTLE ACCOUNTS AT THE SUMMER AUCTION WILL BE CASH OR CHECK ONLY. GAAS will not be able to accept credit card payments during any of the 2022 Ultra-Aqua events, including the Sunday Auction. If running a tab at the auction, please be prepared to make your payment at the end of the auction with a check or cash. A list of nearby ATMs is available here.
The Ultra-Aqua Auction registration begins at 10 am and the Auction starts at 11 am. This is an animal, plant, and live foods only auction—no hard goods or aquarium supplies will be auctioned.
All other typical Auction features Such as Rare Fish Raffle, 50/50 Raffles, Vendors, and Food & Drinks will be available.
- This will be a Limited Auction (fish, aquarium and pond plants, aquatic animals, live food cultures and show entries). The only exceptions are manufacturer’s donations. Exhibitors may choose to auction their entries. These entries must be bagged and entered in the auction by the exhibitor after judging is completed.
- Proceeds of the auction may be donated entirely to GAAS or will be split on a 70/30 basis, with GAAS remitting 70% to the exhibitor within two weeks from the closing date of the show. A breakdown sales list will be included.
- Once registered for the auction, items cannot be withdrawn.
- All items should be clearly marked with the seller’s unique 3-letter code (eg, use your initials), item ID number (each of your items should have it own unique number; ie, 01, 02, 03, etc), seller’s name, phone number or email address, common and Latin names (if known), quantity, and sex (if known). Items without proper identification will be considered donations.
AUCTION ITEM LABELING EXAMPLE:
John J Turner
6 unsexed adults
- GAAS may refuse to sell animals that are diseased, deformed, too young to survive, or regulated in the State of Ohio.
- A color dot system will be used to assure a fair mix of different seller’s items. Any items registered after a color is being auctioned, none of that color will be received. Items not claimed by 7 pm June 12 will become the property of GAAS.
- Neither the Tallmadge Community Center nor the Greater Akron Aquarium Society will be held responsible for any loss or damage incurred during the show. Exhibitors do have a responsibility to be careful with water. Parents are responsible for the actions of their children, please supervise your children closely.
- GAAS reserves the right to sell multiple items from the same seller as lots or to group items and any items that do not sell for at least $1 will be considered donations to GAAS.
- Please inspect all items as all sales are final, buyer beware. GAAS does not guarantee any item and is not responsible for any loss.
- Buyers may pay by cash or choose to run a tab and pay by cash or check. There will be, however, a charge for any check returned for NSF. GAAS will not be able to accept credit card payments.